Read — 2013/02/19
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “Bucking a Trend, Supreme Court Justices Reject Video Coverage“, by Adam Liptak (NY Times).
- “The Trouble with Online Colleges“, by the Editorial Staff (NY Times).
- “Chinese Army Unit Is Seen as Tied to Hacking against U.S.“, by David E. Sanger, David Barboza, and Nicole Perlroth (NY Times).
- “Russians Wade into the Snow to Seek Treasure from the Sky“, by Andrew E. Kramer (NY Times).
- “Gym Class Isn’t Just Fun and Games Anymore“, by Motoko Rich (NY Times).
- “Looking Back at a Domestic Cri de Coeur“, by Janet Maslin (NY Times).
- “Finding out Who Pays Your Doctor“, by the Editorial Staff (NY Times).
- “U.S. Marines Storm Ashore on Iwo Island“, by The Associated Press (NY Times, 19 February 1945). Harrowing and humbling to be reminded of the profound sacrifice and valor of those who came before us; see also the Wikipedia articles on the Battle of Iwo Jima and the Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.