Read — 2013/02/25
Today’s selection of articles includes (some from the weekend):
- “A New Cold War, in Cyberspace, Tests U.S. Ties to China“, by David E. Sanger (NY Times).
- “‘Bloodless’ Lung Transplants Offer Hint at Surger’s Future“, by Kevin Sack (NY Times).
- “Oscar Ballot” (NY Times). A list of the 2013 winners (and candidates).
- “2013 Oscars Red Carpet” (NY Times). N.B. The “Next >” and “< Prev" buttons are hidden along the right and left borders, respectively of the photos, halfway down.
- “2013: What *Should* We Be Worried About” (Edge.com). Came here after reading an excerpt from David Gerlernter’s response — “Worry about Internet Drivel” — in the Wall Street Journal.
From the weekend (and before):
- “Congress Set to Consider Tighter Rules on Firearms“, by Jennifer Steinhauer (NY Times).
- “Don’t Call Him Mom, or an Imbecile“, by Hannah Seligson (NY Times). Reminds me of a Japanese TV series a former professor of mine had us watch, titled “At Home Dad“.
- “The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food“, by Michael Moss (NY Times).
- “The More the Merrier as Co-op Pursues Sustainability“, by Nancy Sarnoff (Houston Chronicle).