Read — 2013/03/20
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “A Model for Reducing Emissions“, by Eduardo Porter (NY Times). Rising energy prices and market-driven technological innovation, rather than regulation and public concern, are hailed as the true heroes of America’s nearly 13% reduction of CO2 emissions since 2007.
- “Justices Permit Resale of Copyrighted Imports“, by Adam Liptak (NY Times). The Supreme Court rules that the first-sale doctrine applies to imported copyrighted material, citing troubling consequences if it were not. International-student-edition textbooks now (legally) welcome.
- “On Gay Unions, a Pragmatist before He Was a Pope“, by Simon Romero & Emily Schmall (NY Times).
- “Inviting Tropical Fruits to Stick Around“, by Cathy Barrow (NY Times). Preservation ideas for the mangoes and pineapples now in season, with recipes for spiced mango chutney with chiles and tropical pineapple sauce.
- “Terror in Tokyo: The Overview“, by Nicholas D> Kristof (NY Times, 21 Mar 1995).