Read — 2013/03/21
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “Cell Therapy Shows Promise for Acute Type of Leukemia“, by Denise Grady (NY Times). An experimental cell-therapy shows great promise in the battle against cancer.
- “The Face of Future Health Care“, by Reed Abelson (NY Times). The future may be holistic centrally coordinated care, “medical homes”, and extensive use of electronic records and information technology.
- “Young Opponents of Gay Marriage Undaunted by Battle Ahead“, by Ashley Parker (NY Times). Same-sex marriage: an issue about equal rights or sexual complementarity?
- “Current Laws May Offer Little Shield against Drones, Senators Are Told“, by Matthew L. Wald (NY Times).
- “New Reasons to Change Light Bulbs“, by David Pogue (NY Times). LED bulbs last 25,000 light hours (about 25 times as long as incandescent bulbs) and convert 60% of electricity into light (compared to 5-10% for incandescent bulbs). An intriguing article, less-than-brilliant puns notwithstanding.
- “Boys’ Club: Spring’s New Haricut“, by Bee-Shyuan Chang (NY Times). Short hair? “[I]t’s for everybody.”
Happy (Old Style) birthday J.S. Bach!