Read — 2014/05/16
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “Hollywood vs. Cannes“, by Alessandra Codinha (Vogue).
- “7 Women Share What Motivates Their Workouts“, by Mackenzie Wagoner (Vogue). The sampler of motivational phrases includes “I actually enjoy working out”, “No half-assing if I want a good ass”, and “Bikinis equals motivation”
- “The 10 Commandments of Typography“, by Evan Brown (DesignMantic). Thanks to KL for the reference.
- “Raw Wood Sings“, by Laura Levis (Harvard Magazine). Spotlight on Bob Childs, violinmaker. “They say there are two things in the world that have completed their evolution — one of them is the redwood tree, and the other is the violin.”
- “Backing the Big Bang“, by Alvin Powell (Harvard Gazette). A vintage article on the polarization pattern in the cosmic microwave background detected by BICEP2 and reported in March 2014.