Read — 2014/05/22
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “Thai Army Declares Coup, Citing a Need to ‘Reform’ Nation“, by Thomas Fuller (NY Times). Two days after declaring martial law and insisting “this is not a coup”, the Thai military declares a coup.
- “The path to the throne” (The Economist).
- “Fashion and Beauty at Cannes” (NY Times). Among my favorite looks:
- 12: Cara Delevigne
- 22: Coco Rocha — Fierce stance, girl!
- 26: Sofia Coppola — Elegant, if matronly
- 31: Freida Pinto in Oscar de la Renta — Luxurious, though the hue of the dress is swallowed by the red carpet
- 56: Miroslava Duma in Calvin Klein — Youthful and fun; the neck treatment hearkens back to ruffsworn by 17th-century Europeans
- Blake Lively in Gucci — Great example of a red that stands out from the carpet; attractive geometry