Read — 2014/06/20
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “I Was a Digital Best Seller!“, by Tony Horwitz (NY Times). One author’s experience with the “new media and technology”.
- “The Corporate Daddy“, by Timothy Egan (NY Times).
- “How far can Amazon go?” (The Economist).
- “Riding the rich, grey Chinese wave” (The Economist).
- “Lupita Nyoung’o on Winning the Oscar, Becoming the Face of Lancôme, and Her First Cover of Vogue“, by Hamish Bowles (Vogue). A detailed article on her life and “breakout year”. “[I]t’s not about conforming to an already established idea of what is beautiful, and I like that.”
- “How carrion and hooded crows defeat Linneaus’s curse“, by Peter de Knijff (Science).
- “Quantum or not, controversial computer yields no speedup“, by Adrian Cho (Science).
- “Solving the mystery of iodine uptake“, by Valda Vinson (Science). In its relationship with sodium, iodine is a (double) user.
- “Gill-on-a-chip illuminates evolution“, by Guy Riddihough (Science). Mathematical models support that evolution has crafted optimally spaced lamellae in fish gills.