Read — 2014/06/27
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “Supreme Court Narrows President’s Recess-Appointment Powers“, by Jess Bravin & Melanie Trottman (Wall Street Journal).
- “BNP Paribas Expected to Plead Guilty and Pay $8.9 Billion Fine“, by Ben Protess & Jessica Silver-Greenberg (NY Times).
- “Politicians’ Prescriptions for Marijuana Defy Doctors and Data“, by Catherine Saint Louis (NY Times).
- “Google’s Grand Plans: A Conversation with Larry Page and Sundar Pichai“, by Farhad Manjoo (NY Times).
- “The Tech-Savvy Supreme Court“, by Farhad Manjoo (NY Times).
- “Creative destruction” (The Economist). Changes in higher education.
- “The third arrow” (The Economist). The latest economic plan announced by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and why it will “hit the target”.
- “Back from the edge” (The Economist). China’s suicide rate declines sharply.
- “An Ode to the Tennis Ponytail: Wimbledon’s Most Winning Style Statement“, by Mackenzie Wagoner (Vogue).