Read — 2014/07/08
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “The Psychology of Clutter“, by Melinda Beck (Wall Street Journal). If you want to succeed in cleaning the clutter, first ask yourself why you kept the clutter in the first place.
- “Tim Cook’s Vision for ‘His’ Apple Begins to Emerge“, by Daisuke Wakabayashi (Wall Street Journal). A kinder and more cooperative, if less decisive and focused, Apple.
- “Seeker, Doer, Giver, Ponderer“, by William J. Broad (NY Times). A profile of mathematician, investor, and philanthropist James H. Simons.
- “Refining the palette“, by K.S.C. (The Economist). A review of the “Making Colour” exhibit in the National Gallery in London.
- “Future English: simpler and more foreign“, by R.L.G. (The Economist).
- “L’Allemagne, partenaire privilégé de la Chine“, par Harold Thibault & Blandine Milcent (Le Monde).
- “Japan on alert as fierce typhoon heads toward Okinawa“, by the Associated Press (Asahi Shimbun). Typhoon No 8, a.k.a. Neoguri.
- “Executives’ Good Luck in Trading Own Stock“, by Susan Pulliam & Rob Barry (Wall Street Journal, 27 Nov 2012). Does own-firm stock-trading behavior of executives contain price-relevant, non-public information?