Read — 2014/07/18
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “Jetliner explodes over Ukraine; struck by missile, officials say“, by Sabrina Tavernise, Eric Schmitt, & Rick Gladstone (NY Times). Malaysian Airlines flight 17 was hit mid-flight at 33,000 feet by a surface-to-air missile. All 298 aboard the plane were killed.
- “Israeli military invades Gaza, with sights set on Hamas“, by Jodi Rudoren & Anne Barnard (NY Times). Israel claims the invasion is focused on “terrorist infrastructure”.
- “Google profit engine rolls on“, by Rolfe Winkler & Alistair Barr (Wall Street Journal). Year-on-year revenue rose 22%, beating expectations.
- “America’s lost oomph” (The Economist).
- “Coming home in your 30s: young adults drive rise in multi-generational living“, by Carol Morello (Washington Post). A report by the Pew Research Center estimates that 25% of young adults aged 25-34 are “living in households with several generations under one roof”.