Read — 2014/09/14
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “Why the economic gender gap will eventually close“, by Tyler Cowen (NY Times).
- “Andris Nelsons gets ready to lead the Boston Symphony“, by James R. Oestreich (NY Times).
- “The death of adulthood in American culture“, by A.O. Scott (NY Times).
- “Against YA“, by Ruth Graham (Slate). Inveighing against escapism and the surrender of adults’ time to the instant gratification, predigested plots, and simplified worlds of young-adult fiction.
Read whatever you want. But you should feel embarrassed when what you’re reading was written for children.
- “Vogue editors share their favorite breakup movies of all time“, by Patricia Garcia (Vogue).