Read — 2014/09/19
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “This man’s job: make Bill Gates richer“, by Anupreeta Das & Craig Karmin (Wall Street Journal). Meet Michael Larson, money manager of Bill Gates.
- “Pew survey exposes cultural parenting divide: religion v tolerance” (BBC). The subtitle is sensationalized. Still, the article points out a few “fundamental differences” between America’s right and left.
- “Scottish referendum: Scotland votes ‘No’ to independence” (BBC).
- “Scottish independence: the results tracker” (The Telegraph). The “No’s” have it, 2,001,926 v 1,617,989 (55% v 45%). Breakdown by local authority.
- “Rush to invest in Alibaba, but concerns linger about company’s future“, by Peter Eavis (NY Times).
- “Xi who must be obeyed” (The Economist). How will President Xi Jinping use the power he has amassed?
- “Too reliant on the few” (The Economist). To improve the tax code, broaden the base and remove exemptions.
- “Piketty airways” (The Economist). And you thought your last flight was cramped…