Read — 2015/01/03
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “You are not just what, but when you eat“, by L. Bryan Ray (Science). Research published in Cell Metabolism found improved metabolic fitness among mice whose daily food intake was restricted to a 12-hour window.
And a pair of articles about those New Year’s resolutions:
- “The psychology behind New Year’s resolutions that actually stick“, by Fawad Zakariya (Quartz).
- “Why we make (and break) our New Year’s resolutions — and how to stick to them“, by Siobhan Norton (The Independent).
The moral of the story?
- Write down an explicit goal.
- Break it down into specific milestones.
- Make it personal.
- Share your goal with others.
- In case of temporary failure, play the “fresh start” card (known to gamers as the RESET button).