Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “Shrugging off slow growth, Fed predicts a rebound“, by Binyamin Appelbaum & Nelson D. Schwartz (NY Times). Initial estimates of US GDP growth in 2015 Q1 were reported at .2%. Job growth also slowed. Most economists predict a Fed interest-rate hike won’t occur before September.
- “Nepal earthquake response challenges logistics experts“, by Paul Page (Wall Street Journal).
- “Churches brace for same-sex marriage ruling“, by Tamara Audi (Wall Street Journal). Likening opponents of gay marriage to “first century Roman Christians” is, frankly, ludicrous imagined martyrdom — I have yet to see Americans being thrown to lions for their beliefs. Reverend Lino’s comment about a “holistic view” of marriage is more honest and insightful.
- “Flashcards get smarter so you can, too“, by Sue Shellenbarger (Wall Street Journal). Big data meets small time.
- “You suck at flirting“, by Nathan Siegel (OZY). Skip to the last paragraph. Know the signs, show some respect, and carpe diem.