Read — 2015/06/25
Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “How to give the most motivating pep talk“, by Elizabeth Bernstein (Wall Street Journal). Listen as much as you talk. And when you talk, tell people what they need to hear, not what they or what you want to hear. Do not minimize their perceived problem or seek to offer them escape for escape’s sake.
- “Mom: 10 quotes on motherhood that have me cracking up“, by Alexandra Macon (Vogue). Ten humorous if sometimes irreverent comments on motherhood, with a shout out to Colin Nissan’s “Playground purgatory” in The New Yorker.
- “Traces of the earliest stars that enriched cosmos are spied“, by Dennis Overbye (NY Times).
- “What it’s like as a ‘girl’ in the lab“, by Sarah Clatterbuck Soper (NY Times).
- “Does it really matter exactly when the Fed raises rates“, by Neil Irwin (NY Times).
- “To lose weight, eating less is far more important than exercising more“, by Aaron E. Carroll (NY Times).
- “Cara Delevingne opens up about her childhood, love life, and why modeling just isn’t enough“, by Rob Haskell (Vogue).