Read — 2017/07/21
Today’s selection of articles:
- “Together, technology and teachers can revamp schools” (The Economist). Yes, they can…but will they? Or will resistance and convenience continue to mire us in a system in which “every pupil learn[s] the same topic in the same way at the same speed”?
- “Self-disruption or self-destruction — can Wall Street tame the blockchain?“, by James Watkins (OZY). A fuzzy introduction to the blockchain technology (perhaps the most well known example being bitcoin) and the changes it brings to securities trading.
- “Move over, hedge funds. Here’s where the megarich stash their cash“, by James Watkins (OZY). “Family offices” are estimated to manage $4 trillion. By comparison, hedge funds manage $3.2 trillion.
- “Roger Federer takes record eighth Wimbledon title“, (ESPN). 6-3, 6-1, 6-4 over Marin Cilic.
- “Miranda Kerr’s wedding dress: an exclusive look at her custom Dior Haute Couture gown“, by Rob Haskell (Vogue). Plus a description of Ms. Kerr’s intimate wedding to Evan Spiegel.