Read — 2018/01/04
Today’s selection of articles:
- “Why Oklahoma has the most women per capita in prison“, by Elizabeth Winkler (Wall Street Journal).
- “Iran accuses ‘enemies’ as US seeks emergency UN session“, by Hassan Rouhani (Al Jazeera).
- “Why unplugging should be your most important resolution for 2018“, by Bridget Read (Vogue).
- “Dating apps are awful — here’s how to make them work for you“, by Katherine Bindley (Wall Street Journal).
- “Spotify files to go public through direct listing, cutting out underwriters“, by Maureen Farrell & Anne Steele (Wall Street Journal).
- “Rush to fix ‘serious’ computer chip flaws” (BBC).
- “The science behind psychopaths and extreme altruists“, by Yudhijit Bhattacharjee (National Geographic).
- “Chess’s new best player is a fearless, swashbuckling algorithm“, by Oliver Roeder (Five Thirty Eight). With links to the arXiv paper and the singularity.
- “Meet the woman risking it all for the perfect shot“, by Adrian Brune (OZY).