Read — 2018/01/08
Today’s selection of articles:
- “Don’t trust Dow 25,000. The economic cycle is broken“, by James Mackintosh (Wall Street Journal).
- “Trump’s immigration priorities complicate ‘dreamer’ talks“, by Laura Meckler & Kristina Peterson (Wall Street Journal).
- “Mark Zuckerberg resolves to ‘fix’ Facebook in 2018“, by Deepa Seetharaman (Wall Street Journal).
- “Bitcoin is a hit in countries where locals face currency troubles“, by Matina Stevis-Gridneff & Georgi Kantchev (Wall Street Journal).
- “Video game stars have fans, fortunes — and utterly baffled parents“, by Sarah E. Needleman (Wall Street Journal).
- “This is the largest known prime number yet“, by Mika McKinnon (Smithsonian).
- “The shirtless Tongan Olympic flag-bearer is now a cross-country skier“, by Tom Ley (Deadspin).
- “Keep people safe in New York City emergencies“, by Patricia R. Olsen (NY Times).
- “Farhad and Mike’s week in tech: another huge security flaw“, by Farhad Manjoo & Mike Isaac (NY Times).
- “Can an algorithm tell when kids are in danger?“, by Dan Hurley (NY Times).
- “Jimmie Holland, who cared for cancer patient’s mind, dies at 89“, by Sam Roberts (NY Times).
- “Is your child lying to you? that’s good“, by Alex Stone (NY Times).