Read — 2018/02/18
Today’s selection of articles:
- “A message from the club no one wants to join“, by Gregory Gibson (NY Times).
When gun violence becomes commodified as content by the media, we consume it rather than experience it. As a nation, we’re dead to it now. Despite our momentary hysteria, we’ve pretty much compartmentalized gun death, random mass shootings in particular.
- “In wake of Florida massacre, gun control advocates look to Connecticut“, by Lisa W. Foderaro & Kristin Hussey (NY Times).
- “The tyranny of convenience“, by Tim Wu (NY Times).
- “Why ‘Black Panther’ is a defining moment for America“, by Carvell Wallace (NY Times).
- “Why yoga pants are bad for women“, by Honor Jones (NY Times). Wear what you want.