Read — 2018/05/19
Today’s selection of articles:
- “Santa Fe, Texas, high school shooting leaves 10 dead, 10 wounded” (CBS News, 2018-05-19). What will you do about it?
- “Tired brains see the world in a very different way“, by Elysium Health (Endpoints, 2018-04-26). Short-term sleep loss can negatively affect cognitive functions; long-term sleep loss can lead to higher levels of stress, disease, hunger (and hence, often, weight gain), and mental health issues.
- “Are my friends really my friends?“, by Teddy Wayne (NY Times, 2018-05-12). Is technology making our friendships “thin”?
- “How shoddy statistics found a home in sports research“, by Christie Aschwanden & Mai Nguyen (FiveThirtyEight, 2018-05-16).
- “Learning and earning” (The Economist, 2017-01-14).
- “Emma Stone on being the new face of Louis Vuitton: ‘It’s literally like being in “Pretty Woman”‘“, by Alexandra Marshall (W Magazine, 2018-02-28). Also from W Magazine: Emma Stone’s red-carpet looks.
- “Lilo & Stitch : ‘meega nala kweestra’“, by Disney (YouTube clip, 30s).