Read — 2018-07-08
Today’s selection of articles:
- “What Nelson Mandela lost“, by Tayari Jones (NY Times, 2018-07-06). The dehumanizing power of prisons and the birth of hope through shared humanity.
- “Countdown to retirement: a five-year plan“, by Peter Finch (NY Times, 2018-07-06).
- “Seriously, juice is not healthy“, by Erika R. Cheng, Lauren G. Fiechtner, & Aaron E. Carroll (NY Times, 2018-07-07). “[F]ruit juices contain limited nutrients and tons of sugar…. Drinking fruit juice is not the same as eating whole fruit.”
And bonus footage from last year’s NYC Double Dutch Summer Classic:
- “The Double Dutch Summer Classic at Lincoln Center” (Vogue, 2017-08-02).
- “Sights and sounds from the Double Dutch Summer Classic” (The New Yorker, 2017-08-03).