Read — 2018-09-21
Today’s selection of articles:
- “Titans of mathematics clash over epic proof of abc conjecture“, by Erica Klarreich (Quanta Magazine, 2018-09-20). The abc conjecture is a relatively simple problem to state, and it has many important implications.
- “Claude Shannon: How a genius solves problems“, by Zat Rana (Medium, 2018-08-15).
- “New theory cracks open the black box of deep learning“, by Natalie Wolchover (Quanta Magazine, 2017-09-21).
- “Drug pair shows promise for treating sleep apnea“, by Meredith Wadman (Science, 2018-09-21).
- “Ripple (XRP) is up almost 50% in 24 hours on exciting new feature“, by Billy Bambrough (Forbes, 2018-09-21). Ripple announces its xRapid product. As per a Ripple spokesperson, “there isn’t currently an official commercial release timeline for xRapid”.
- “Eventbrite: Plenty of upside left in this stellar IPO“, by Gary Alexander (Seeking Alpha, 2018-09-21). Note that the author indicates he may take a long position in EB.