Read : 2018-10-18
Today’s selection of articles:
- “What the Arab world needs most is free expression“, by Jamal Khashoggi (Washington Post, 2018-10-17). In an article written shortly before his murder — allegedly orchestrated and executed by the Saudi Arabian government — Khashoggi ruminates on how to fight a lack of and mis-information, and he decries tepid international pressure for contributing to the boldness of oppressive governments.
- “Audio offers gruesome details of Jamal Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says“, by David D. Kirkpatrick & Carlotta Gall (NY Times, 2018-10-17). Listen to music, face the music. Murder of a human being simultaneously explodes and recedes into international politics.
- “What to expect when PayPal reports earnings“, by Michael Henage (Seeking Alpha, 2018-10-17).
- “Netflix: Don’t even think about buying on the upswing“, by Gary Alexander (Seeking Alpha, 2018-10-17).
- “Square’s stock price fall could increase its investment appeal“, by Robert Stephens (GuruFocus, 2018-10-17).
- “Tesla: Waking up too late“, by Bill Maurer (Seeking Alpha, 2018-10-17). An article arguing Tesla’s service coverage is underdeveloped and underfunded.
- “The evolution of nesting behaviour in Peromyscus mice“, by C.L. Lewarch & Hopi Hoekstra (Animal Behaviour, 2018).
- “Maryam Mirzakhani: 1977-2017“, by Hélène Barcelo & Stephen Kennedy (AMS, 2018-11).