Read : 2019-02-19
Today’s selection of articles:
- “Venezuela’s standoff is socialist vs. socialist“, by Joey Filer (OZY, 2019-02-12). In particular, not communist vs. democrat.
- “Once hailed as unhackable, blockchains are now getting hacked“, by Mike Orcutt (MIT Technology Review, 2019-02-19). Those who formerly hailed them thus were either ignorant or intentionally misleading.
- “‘Sophisticated state actor’ hacks Australia’s political parties months before election“, by Jon Porter (The Verge, 2019-02-18). No technical details on the attacks are included in the article.
- “A real tube carrying dreams of 600-m.p.h. transit“, by Eric A. Taub (NY Times, 2019-02-18). Ground travel at 510 mph in vacuum tubes, and reconciling engineering constraints and passenger experience (freight has fewer complaints).
- “The wrath of grapes: A tale of 12 dead microwaves and plasma-spewing grapes“, by Jennifer Ouellette (Ars Technica, 2019-02-18). Size matters.