Read : 2020-02-12
Today’s selection of articles:
- “The nuclear family was a mistake” by David Brooks (The Atlantic, 2020-03). An extended look at extended family.
- “How Japan has almost eradicated gun crime” by Harry Low (BBC News, 2017-01-06). Restricted availability, strict ownership conditions, and intentional de-escalation during tense encounters by law enforcement.
- “‘The intelligence coup of the century’” by Greg Miller (Washington Post, 2020-02-11). As Bruce Schneier corrects on his blog, “this isn’t really news…What is new is the formerly classified documents describing the details”.
- “Cybersecurity tips for international travelers” (US Federal Communications Commission).
- “Airbnb swings to a loss as costs climb ahead of IPO” by Jean Eaglesham, Maureen Farrell, & Kirsten Grind (Wall Street Journal, 2020-02-11).