Read : 2020-08-03
Today’s selection of articles:
- “10 years since hip surgery, here’s what I’ve learned” by Becky Wade (Becky Runs Away, 2020-07-28). “I had to work super hard to read and trust my body again after treating it like an enemy for so long.”
- “How physics found a geometric structure for math to play with” by Kevin Hartnett (Quanta Magazine, 2020-07-29). Symplectic geometry.
- “Landmark math proof clears hurdle in top Erdös conjecture” by Erica Klarreich (Quanta Magazine, 2020-08-03). Regarding density and the existence of arithmetic progressions.
- “Single-shot COVID-19 vaccine proves successful with primates” by BIDMC Communications (Harvard Gazette, 2020-07-30).
- “The best way to wash your face is actually a 200-year-old method” by Kristin Limoges (Domino, 2018-08-17). Simplifying summary: Double cleanse. Every day or two. With oil-based cleanser followed by water-based cleanser. Read the full article for the full details.
- “Gilead Sciences: Buy and hold” by The Value Investor (Seeking Alpha, 2020-07-31).
- “Apple: Blowout quarter, still overvalued” by MagnoTree Analysis (Seeking Alpha, 2020-07-31). This analyst values Apple’s stock at 327 USD/share.