Below are collected a few potentially useful references for general financial investing.
Disclaimer: Digest all financial advice with several grains of salt, and invest at your own risk. As the ancients wisely stated,
O Fortuna velut luna statu variabilis,
Semper crescis aut decrescis…
O Fortune, like the moon, ever variable,
Always increasing, or decreasing…
(from the medieval poem “O Fortuna“)
Information collected on this page.
- “Beginners’ Guide to Financial Statements“, by the SEC.
- “How to Read an Income Statement“, by Scott Rothbort (The Street).
- “How to Read a Financial Report” (pdf), by Merrill Lynch.
Initial Public Offerings
- “IPO basics: Don’t just jump in“, by Adam Hayes, CFA (Investopedia, ????).
- “EquityZen’s 2018 IPO outlook” (EquityZen).
Stock Market Basics
- “Will there be a market correction in 2018?” (Vanguard). Historically, the chance of a market correction (a short-term change of 10% or more in asset price levels) in any given year is 40%.