Today’s selection of articles includes:
- “Starbucks to Provide Free College Education to Thousands of Workers“, by Richard Pérez-Peña (NY Times). According to the article, any Starbucks employee working at least 20 hours a week and adequate grades and test scores is eligible for tuition subsidy, up to 100%.
- “Amid Stratospheric Valuations, Google Unearths a Deal with Skybox“, by Christopher Mims (Wall Street Journal).
- “Les grévistes de la SNCF: «On tente de nous diaboliser»“, par François Béguin (Le Monde).
- “A ball fit for Brazil“, by N.V. (The Economist). The science behind the “ball” in football.
- “How I Fell for the World Cup“, by Megan O’Grady (Vogue).