Today’s selection of articles:
- “The coder and the dictator” by Nathaniel Popper & Ana Vanessa Herrero (NY Times, 2020-03-20).
- “Cryptography pioneer seeks secure elections the low-tech way” by Susan D’Agostino (Quanta Magazine, 2020-03-12).
- “I read the 1936 book that launched Warren Buffet’s career and it’s truly inspiring” by Bill Murphy Jr. (Inc, 2018-08-02). The author points out the following five lessons: (1) Act now, not tomorrow. (2) Do what you know. (3) There’s no time like right now. (Similar in spirit to point 1.) (4) Ordinary people can become extraordinary. (5) Every generation thinks they have it harder.
- “Does running a marathon suppress your immune system?” by James Turner & John P Campbell (Medical Express, 2018-04-18). An article pointing out reasons to be skeptical of earlier evidence that endurance athletics suppresses the immune system.
- “Immune to it all” by Jayme Moye (Runner’s World, 2011-09-29). Tips for staying healthy.