Today’s selection of articles:
- “Hong Kong protestors overwhelm airports for second day“, by Jon Emont (Wall Street Journal, 2019-08-13).
- “Protests put Hong Kong on collision course with China’s communist party“, by Javier C. Hernández & Amy Qin (NY Times, 2019-08-12).
- “With pens, paper and motorcycles, journalists chronicle Kashmir crackdown“, by Sameer Yasir & Jeffrey Gettleman (NY Times, 2019-08-12).
- “Two ebola drugs show promise amid ongoing outbreak“, by Amy Maxmen (Nature, 2019-08-12). Two drugs, REGN-EB3 and mAB114, are derived from ebola antibodies. Both led to a 90% survival rate when administered shortly after initial infection.
- “Harry Reid: The filibuster is suffocating the will of the American people“, by Harry Reid (NY Times, 2019-08-12).
- “It’s 2043. We need a new American dream for the A.I. revolution“, by Baobao Zhang (NY Times, 2019-08-12).